Care Services2019-03-29T13:28:01+10:00

Care Services


CHSP (Commonwealth Home Support Programme) provides entry level support for older people who are able to continue living independently in their own home with a focus on working with you, rather than doing for you.


As the largest and most experienced provider of community transport, ComLink recognises that transport underpins and supports all community services. It is vital for older people to be able to access health services, shopping, events and social needs.

ComLink provides many transport solutions to help maintain and maximise independence for frail, older people and people living with a disability. We take into account each person’s preferences and choices, helping them to remain in their own homes for as long as they can and continue to actively participate in their community.

Learn More

Domestic Assistance

Our domestic assistance service is aimed at helping you maintain the household chores that you can no longer independently do yourself.

ComLink can come to your home and assist you with domestic chores such as vacuuming, mopping, cleaning bathrooms and toilets, doing your laundry, cleaning out your fridge or cupboards and assisting with meal preparation.

Our goal is to help you maintain your home in a manner that is safe and comfortable for you to continue living in.

Personal Care

ComLink understands that your personal care can sometimes be compromised as you get older. Our highly trained and qualified staff can assist you with all your personal care needs, such as grooming, showering, toileting, hygiene & skin integrity, mobility and dexterity.

Our goal is to help you maintain your hygiene needs while living in your own home.

Social Support – Individual

ComLink believe getting older shouldn’t mean you give up on the things you enjoy doing. Our Social Support program offers you the ability to continue interacting with the local community. Whether it is going to the hairdresser, seeing a movie or doing your banking and shopping, ComLink can help you stay connected with the community and provide opportunities for you to continue enjoying your social outings.

Social Support – Group

ComLink has a wide variety of social group activities to ensure you stay connected with other people in a similar situation to you. Our aim is to provide you with fun activities and experiences, giving you the opportunity to form new friendships along the way.

Some of the group activities we have on offer include picnics at the beach, seeing a movie or a show, visiting a winery, whale watching, fishing trips and shopping tours.

The opportunities are endless! And if you have a great idea for a group outing, let us know, we’d love to hear it.


Whether you are being cared for by a loved one or caring for a loved one, ComLink can offer you respite services to help ease the burden. Respite is an opportunity for the carer to have a break from their caring duties, by:

  • Taking the person being cared for out for a few hours to give the carer some respite

  • Coming into the home to care for the person needing care so the carer can leave the home for some respite

Either way, ComLink is able to support both parties in the caring relationship and ensure the responsibilities and well-being of each individual are nurtured and not compromised.

Community Visitors Scheme

The harsh reality is, we often hear of people isolating themselves from the world because they have lost a loved one or feel like their independence has been taken away from them. However, our Community Visitors Scheme is designed to prevent that from happening.

We have an army of passionate volunteers ready and waiting to meet you, hear your story, enjoy a cup of tea together or even potter in the garden or do a crossword or two. ComLink will consider your needs and interests and match you with a compatible volunteer to ensure you are given every opportunity to form a genuine friendship with each other.

Allied Health

ComLink is able to provide the specialised services of Allied Health professionals, specific to your needs, including Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Podiatry, Exercise Therapy, Massage Therapy and Speech Therapy.

These services are designed to ensure you are able to improve your current health condition, strengthen your mobility needs and ensure your home environment is safe for you to remain living in.

Clinical Care

ComLink can offer you the expertise of specialised nursing care to help you with any clinical needs you may have. Whether your need for clinical is long term or short term, ComLink is committed to providing options for you that promote your ability to stay in your home longer or encourage you back after a hospital stay.

Some of our clinical care services include wound care, medication assistance, changing dressings, diabetes management, enteral feeding and catheter care.

Specialist Care

ComLink encourages you to continue with specific activities that are meaningful and purposeful to you and your life. For that reason, ComLink can provide you with assistance in the following specialised services:

Cultural activities, religious services and ceremonies, interpreter services, counselling, palliative care and dementia care.

Your Individual Care

ComLink has tried to ensure all of your needs are covered by offering as many services to you as possible. However, if there is something you need that we don’t have listed here, give us a call. Chances are…we can do it for you. But, if we can’t, we will find someone who can!

*Service availability subject to region and eligibility. Contact ComLink for more information.

Accessing Care Services With ComLink

In order for you to access care services, you must first be registered and assessed by the Australian Government’s centralised contact centre, known as My Aged Care. ComLink can help you through the entire process.

Once registered, My Aged Care will conduct an initial telephone screening assessment with you, to determine the assistance you would benefit from.

My Aged Care will then arrange for an assessor to visit you in your home to conduct a comprehensive assessment. From there, the type of service and assistance you will benefit from most will be determined.

Once you have been assessed and approved for services, My Aged Care will notify ComLink and we will contact you so can begin accessing services.

Call ComLink on 1300 761 011 and we will assist you through the entire process. Or fill out the form below and we will get in touch with you.

Frequently Asked Questions

For more information about Home Care Packages, please see frequently asked questions below.

Is there a cost?2017-07-14T05:24:07+10:00

ComLink is an approved provider of Commonwealth Home Support Programme services. What this means is, the Department of Human Services has provided us with some funding in order to be able to offer these services to you.

Part of our funding agreement with the Department requires us to seek a contribution fee from you, the user of our services.

ComLink is committed to keeping our costs down as low as possible, to ensure you are able to benefit from the many opportunities we provide. If at any time you are facing financial hardship, ComLink is more than willing to have an open conversation with you to negotiate a reduced price.

What if I need urgent assistance?2018-02-15T00:01:16+10:00

ComLink is committed to ensuring your needs are met in a timely manner. Ordinarily, you are required to be registered through My Aged Care and have an assessment before you can commence with services.

ComLink can provide interim services to you without you having to be registered with My Aged Care or being assessed in the event you are faced in an urgent situation. We understand that things happen sometimes. Things we have no control over. Whether you fall ill suddenly or your normal carer is unavailable, ComLink can help.

Call ComLink on 1300 761 011 to discuss and we will work with you to ensure your urgent needs are met.

How can ComLink help me access Care Services?2018-02-15T00:15:15+10:00

The good news is, ComLink has created a short cut for you!

ComLink genuinely cares about the people in our community and understands making contact with call centres and assessors can be a little overwhelming, so we have adapted our processes to ensure the whole transition is made a whole easier for you.

Call ComLink on 1300 761 011 and inform the friendly staff you need assistance to continue living in your home independently and ComLink will make a direct referral for you and arrange for an assessor to visit you in your home.

ComLink will even be present during the assessment should you choose. You just need to let us know and we will make it all happen for you.

How do I choose ComLink?2017-07-14T05:10:09+10:00

All you need to do is say the word “COMLINK” and ComLink will be your chosen provider to deliver the services to you!

Once you have registered with My Aged Care and been assessed, the assessor will suggest several different service providers that may be able to deliver the services you need. You simply tell the assessor you would like to join ComLink and the assessor will let ComLink know. They will also give you a code. You can use this code to call ComLink directly to begin receiving services as soon as possible. Otherwise, you can wait for ComLink to be notified by My Aged Care of your decision and one of our friendly staff will call you directly to get the ball rolling.

How am I assessed?2017-07-14T05:07:32+10:00

Once registered, My Aged Care will conduct an initial telephone screening assessment with you, to determine the level of assistance you would benefit from and what type of Aged Care service that would be.

The initial telephone screening process only takes a few minutes, where My Aged Care will ask you a series of questions about your current living arrangements, your health condition and your support network. Answers to these questions will then result in you being referred by My Aged Care to the Regional Assessment Team (RAS) or Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT), for a more comprehensive and face to face assessment.

A representative from the RAS or ACAT will contact you to make a time to visit you in your home. You are encouraged to have a family member, friend or carer with you to help answer questions.

During the visit, the RAS or ACAT assessor will work with you to develop a support plan which will help identify your strengths, your areas of difficulty and the goals you would like to achieve. The support plan will enable you and the assessor to determine the types of support that will best suit your needs.

Can I transfer from another provider to ComLink?2017-07-14T05:04:41+10:00

Yes! My Aged Care will register your details in a National Database that allows you to transfer your services from one provider to another, without having to be re-assessed each time.

How do I access care services?2017-07-14T05:03:48+10:00

In order for you to access Commonwealth Home Support Programme services, you must first be registered and assessed by the Australian Government’s centralised contact centre, known as My Aged Care (MAC).

My Aged Care is a national online and telephone service to help determine what Aged Care services you may be eligible to receive, to improve your wellbeing and help you maintain a level of independence.

What special needs does ComLink recognise?2017-07-14T05:02:53+10:00

ComLink recognise people with cultural or other special needs, which align with those identified under the Aged Care Act 1997:

  • People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
  • People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
  • People who live in rural and remote areas
  • People who are financially or socially disadvantaged
  • People who are veterans of the Australian Defence Force or an allied defence force, including spouse, widow or widower of a veteran
  • People who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
  • People who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex
  • People who are care leavers, including Forgotten Australians, Former Child Migrants and Stolen Generations
  • Parents separated from children by forced adoption or removal

The concept of special needs within the Commonwealth Home Support Programme is not intended as a principle of prioritising access to services, rather identification of particular groups recognises that each person is unique and has different beliefs, values and barriers to accessing Commonwealth Home Support Programme services.

Am I eligible for care services?2017-07-14T05:00:45+10:00

To access care services in your area, you may need to meet the following criteria:

  • Frail, older people aged 65 years and over or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, who need assistance with daily living activities to remain living independently in the home.
  • Frail, older CHSP clients aged 65 years or over or 50 years or over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who receive planned respite services, will allow regular carers to take a break from their usual caring duties
  • Frail, older people or prematurely aged people 50 years and over or 45 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, who are on a low income and at risk of homelessness
  • Be living in your own home or sharing a home with another person. Those living in residential facilities are excluded from CHSP

At ComLink, we believe in Ohana. Ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind.  And for us, that means, regardless of whether you meet the criteria or not, ComLink is committed to ensuring everyone in our community is looked after.

We have alternate options for people who may not meet the eligibility criteria. Simply give ComLink a call on 1300 761 011 to discuss your needs and we will endeavour to work something out for you… because no one gets left behind!

Connect With Us

Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest ComLink news and events, and connect with us on social media to see the great work our staff and volunteers do every day!